This week: top ten books I, Ingrid, will never read.
1. First Step 2 Forever: My Story by Justin Bieber.
This up and coming memoir promises lots of never before seen photos.
2. Burt Reynolds Hot Line: The Letters I Get ... And Write!
Featuring lots of sexy pictures, this book highlights the best fan mail Burt Reynolds has received and responded to.
3. George Bush, Dark Prince of Love: A Presidential Romance by Lydia Millet
Trailer-trash Rosemary has her heart set on replacing Laura Bush as first lady and winning the president's affections.
"I found I was beginning to look forward to G.B.'s sound bites and public appearances with the childish curiosity and appetite I had formerly reserved for Seabreezes, monster-truck rallies, and all-you-can-eat breakfast buffets."
4. The Source: A Manual of Everyday Magic by Ursula James
Ursula James’ The Source, part fable, part spell-book, an inspirational work that contains prophecies of relationships, love, forgiveness, and healing from Mother Shipton, a 16th century Yorkshire prophetess and healer, as channeled by the author. (quote via)
|Ursula James (via)|
5. Sexy Christians Workbook: For Individuals, Couples, and Small Groups by Dr. Ted Roberts and Diane Roberts
A guide for couples to understand and embrace the hope, healing, and healthy sexuality God intended for their marriages. (quote via)
6. Mosh Potatoes: Recipes, Anecdotes, and Mayhem From the Heavyweights of Heavy Metal by Steve Seabury
A cookbook featuring recipes from Heavy Metals' greats.
7. Petting: Wise or Otherwise? by Edwin Leavitt Clarke
We're not talking cute little animals here. Published in 1942, this book follows a conversation between a young graduate assistant and his trusted mentor as they discuss the terrible implications of sexual touching.
8. 101 Weapons For Women: Implement Weaponry, A Unique Concept in Women's Self Defense by Rodney R. Rice
This books offers helpful suggestions as to how women can use everyday objects, such as a bra, banana clip, cactus, computer disk, even makeup items such as a lip brush or eyebrow pencil, to fight off attackers.
9. Michael Bolton: The Passion, Secrets, Soul and Truth by Joyce Logan, Layne Seeloff, Elizabeth Seib, and Margaret Eaton
"The consummate book for any Bolton fan"
10. Blissful Joy and the SATs: A Multiple Choice Romance by Sheila Greenwald
This riveting romance begins when young Bliss is befriended on the subway by a stray dog.
For more deliciously terrible books, check out Awful Library Books and "The Cherry and the Pit" feature at The Second Pass
Check out more Top Ten lists at The Broke and the Bookish