Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Top Ten Tuesdays: What Lucia anticipates reading in 2011


And so comes around again my (Lucia's) turn to discuss the topic of this week's Top Ten Tuesdays, as supplied by the Broke and the Bookish. I'll be pruning a rather elaborate mess to reveal the ones I'm looking forward to reading in 2011 (both to be released then or just ones I hope to read).

Never Let Me Go by Kazou Ishiguro. I've heard a lot about this book, and it sounds like just my thing. I've never read anything by Ishiguro, and am intrigued so it should be interesting.

The Red Garden by Alice Hoffman (25th January 2011). Hoffman is one of my favorite authors! I haven't read anything by her in a while, and am hungry for more of her lovely style and bizarre fairy tales.

My Mother She Killed Me, My Father He Ate Me edited by Kate Bernheimer. This collection of short stories has just been released. It consists of forty 'new' fairy tales by around thirty authors. I'll admit it's the title that got me.

Emma by Jane Austen. As part of my plan to read more classics, I'll be kicking off with Austen and a book I have had on my shelf unread for much too long.

Tomorrow When The War Began by John Marsden. I can't believe I've not read this book. It seems like the perfect way to begin reading more by Australian authors.

The Night Watch by Sarah Waters. This book has been on my list I think for the whole of this year. I have no idea why I haven't gotten to it yet, but I've read many reviews which indicate that her stuff is for me.

The Children's Book by A.S Byatt. I've just finished Possession and want to read more of Byatt's rambling style.

The Distant Hours by Kate Morton. Another novel which has just been released. I hope to get to this before next year but if not, it will be one of the first to be read. I've read both of Morton's previous novels, and preferred The Shifting Fog. Others who have read both, which did you enjoy most?