Friday, June 10, 2011

Post: Whatcha Readin'?

(via. Click to Enlarge.)
Post by Christina

I used to live in Boston, and one of the things I miss most about urban living is reading in public parks and on the T. Now that I live in a smaller city, I have a back yard and I drive my own car everywhere. I rarely have the pleasure of reading in public, and I don't often see other readers out and about with their books. I miss wondering about what other people are reading and wondering if they're also wondering about what I'm reading.

How do you feel about being interrupted by strangers who want to know what you're reading? That's exactly what the authors did for the illustration above. I like that the people they interviewed are giving reviews of books they're still reading- it's not a perspective we often get in the book blogging world, since we all tend to finish a book and then review it. So, if you have a moment, I'd love to hear what you (yes, you) are reading right now, and what you think of it so far.

I'll go first, but I'll be brief since I've already gushed about The Instructions, which I'll be finishing and reviewing soon. I'm on page 639 now, and still loving it. I find Gurion's slang seeping into my thoughts sometimes, and I can't resist calling my baby boy "boychik." (Cutest Yiddish word EVAR!)

So people, whatcha readin'? Do tell!