Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Authors Lucia Would DIE to Meet


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the group over at the Broke and the Bookish, and this week, I (Lucia), will be listing the authors (living or dead) that I would die to meet. Oh I love love this topic!

Roald Dahl would probably be my favourite writer.

Virginia Woolf. I have become recently fascinated by the way she writes.

Marina Lewycka. I have read all three of her books in the last two weeks, and am now very upset about it because there is nothing more.

J.K Rowling. Is she not on many people's lists?

Lewis Carroll. I'm currently reading Alice In Wonderland (in French!) and would love to have been able to pester this writer with questions.

Barbara Kingsolver, Xiaolu Gou and Margaret Atwood. Three wonderful contemporary writers.

Odo Hirsch. I think he writes under a pseudonym. I read all of his childrens books and still read the new ones as they are released.

Every year in February my city hosts a Writers' Week, where people can hear local and international writers talk about their work for free. Last year I heard Audrey Niffenegger talk about The Time Traveler's Wife (one of my favourites). To me this is like superstar week.