Monday, August 29, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Ingrid's TBR for Fall

Happy Top Ten Tuesday, everyone! (Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, as you know. Just had to slide that in there.)

This week you get to hear all about Ingrid's top ten books she (I) can't wait to read this fall!
Ok. So here are 10 books near the top of my TBR pile at the moment. (I didn't include the embarrassing ones like Confessions of a Prairie Bitch ... haha.)

1. Love Medicine by Louise Erdrich. Loved Shadow Tag and Tracks. Love Medicine was her first novel and won the National Book Award. Can't wait to read it. Love Native American stuff.
2. A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway. I've wanted to read this one for a long time ... I have a copy, and it's pretty short, so I think I'm going to hit this one up pretty soon. 
3. Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
4. The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen. Loved Freedom. I tried the first few pages a little while ago and wasn't totally hooked but ... I don't know.
5. On Beauty by Zadie Smith. Brenna from Literary Musings wrote a great review of this one, now I can't wait to read it. 
6. Selected Letters by Mme de Sevigné. Letters describing court life during the reign of Louis XIV. Sounds awesome.
7. Model Home by Eric Puchner. Love books about Southern California suburbia.
8. The Belly of Paris by Emile Zola. An author I've never read before but known about for a long time ... need to get this one under my belt.
9. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (Adam from Roof Beam Reader sent me this book as part of a prize pack a long time ago. Another book I've always wanted to read.)
10. The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison. I've only read Beloved and I would love to read more from her.

Can't wait to have at it. I'll let you know what I think of 'em.

What about you? What's on your list to read this fall?