Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Review: Audible.com



Reviewed by Connie

Last month, I signed up for Audible.com. They were running a fabulous offer -- one month free, plus two free audiobooks. Can't beat that, right? So for the last two months, I have been a patron of Audible, and so far, I am rather impressed.

An audible membership is $15 a month, which gets you one book credit (meaning you can download any audio book regardless of the cost) and a members-only discount on all of the other audiobooks, making many of them in the $10-$15 range.

Audible certainly has made taking advantage of the website easy. With an internet connection, I can instantly download any purchases I make on my iPhone app or have it wirelessly downloaded onto my  Kindle. I have been loving listening to audiobooks from my iPhone as I get ready for work in the morning, as I drive to work, even as I fall asleep at night. The iPhone app even has a sleep feature, so the app and phone will go to sleep in 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, at the end of the chapter, or at the end of the section.

One feature I haven't seen yet but would like to see is the ability to sync to the furthest point listened to, so if I'm switching back and forth between my phone and kindle, I don't have to fast forward to where I left off.

Audible has been a great option for me, especially considering that I live in the middle of nowhere, and our library has a selection of about 30 random audiobooks. So far, I have listened to The Paris Wife, I'm currently loving The Count of Monte Cristo, and I just downloaded Animal, Vegetable, Miracle.

I post this now, because right now is a great time to sign up for Audible. Not only do you get your first 3 months for $7.50 instead of $15, but there is also a members-only audiobook sale going on -- over 200 audiobooks on sale for $4.95. And they're not junk ones, either. Here are just a few of the awesome deals from this sale:
  • The Count of Monte Cristo, formerly $39.99 for non-members and $27.99 for members
  • Crime and Punishment, formerly $67.20 for non-members and $43.95 for members
  • North and South, formerly $28.03 for non-members and $19.62 for members
  • Jane Eyre, formerly $28.03 for non-members and $19.62 for members
  • Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, formerly $22.99 for non-members and $16.09 for members
This sale ends March 13th, so if you want to take advantage of it, sign up soon! Plus, since we love Audible so much, we have created a partnership with them.



Listen to a bestseller for $7.49 at audible.com!



When you sign up for an Audible account through the banners on our site, we get a small percentage, which all gets channeled back to you. It allows us to host more giveaways and otherwise improve the site.

Enjoy! Let us know what you think!