Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Rewind

Hi there, Lucia here. I was very excited to see over at The Broke and the Bookish that this weeks Top Ten would be a previous one that we hadn't completed. As a compulsive list-maker with a knack for missing her posts for this meme (some might even call it a talent) I am delighted to list my Top Ten All-Time Favourite Books. (In no order. It's too hard to pick just ten in the first place.


Persuasion by Jane Austen. Not the most popular of Austen's novels, but definitely my preferred.

People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks.

Harry Potter by J. K Rowling. Cliché I know, but I can't help it. I only just recently saw the first part of the seventh film too, the best one so far I think. I love the whole series but I'd say either the fifth or the sixth are my favourites.

Matilda by Roald Dahl.

Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver. After several years of reading Kingsolver, I still haven't made it to The Poisonwood Bible (undoubtedly her most well-known), but am very interested to read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle.

The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.

Mao's Last Dancer by Li Cunxin.

To Kill A Mocking Bird by Harper Lee.

Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.