Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Christina's Halloween Picks

Ok people, I've got 35% battery on my lappy and no power adapter, so this is going to be the speediest top ten list ever. No long chatty explanations this week! Just my Top Ten Favorite Books to Read During Halloween, straight up. Numbers 1-5 are ones I've read and recommend, and 6-10 are ones I want to read. As always, I'd love to hear your opinions about any of them!

1. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

2. The Boggart by Susan Cooper

3. Beloved by Toni Morrison (I actually didn't really like this book. I know, I know. But it was pretty spooky and that's why I'm still recommending it for Halloween.)

4. The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Kathryn Howe

5. Salem's Lot by Stephen King

6. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith

7. The New York Regional Mormon Singles Halloween Dance by Elna Baker (Maybe Ingrid will review this one soon?)

8. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

9. Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
(I saw the movie adaptation when I was a kid and it scared the bejeezus out of me. That's probably why I haven't read it.)

10. The Witches by Roald Dahl


Happy hopping everybody, and happy Halloween!