Sunday, October 23, 2011

Readathon Totals and End of Event Survey

Hey there, it's your readathon macho-woman, Ingrid. I had an awesome time participating in the readathon yesterday! It was much, much easier to get distracted than I anticipated, but I did get a pretty good amount of reading done. I also one a $20 Amazon gift certificate during hour 14 just for participating! Cool, right? Here are my grand totals:

Books completed: 2 and 1/4
finished The New York Regional Mormon Singles Halloween Dance by Elna Baker
finished The Awakening by Kate Chopin
started Confessions of a Prairie Bitch by Alison Arngrim
Pages read: 472
Time spent reading: 7 hours, 14 minutes
Diet Cokes consumed: 4

Here is my End of Event Survey:

Which hour was most daunting for you? I think the last bit before I went to dinner might have been the hardest.
Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? All the books I read were fairly easy and short, which made reading for a long period of time easier.
Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I don't think so.
What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I'm glad I chose short books. It feels good to finish.
How many books did you read? 2 1/4
What were the names of the books you read? See above
Which book did you enjoy most? I think I enjoyed The Awakening by Kate Chopin the most.
Which did you enjoy least? I don't know ... I'm not completely loving Confessions, but it's ok.
How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? I'm DEFINITELY going to participate again next April! I have to beat my page count!

Woo hoo! Exclamation! Reading!