Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Feels Like Like the First Time

This week ... top ten books I, Ingrid, wish I could read again for the very first time.

Reading and discovering each these books for me was for me an experience in itself, an experience which is never quite the same the second or third time around.

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy (here's a post I wrote about it). I think I put this book at the top of about every Top Ten Tuesday list ... well, I just love it. I had a great experience reading this book the first time.

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. Read this one in high school when I was just discovering how much I love great books. This one is dark, violent, and will stay with you for a long, long time. I know very few people who didn't like this book when they read it.

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (my review). If you read my review, you'll see I actually didn't love this book. There is something very cozy about it though that I would have absolutely loved as a child. I wish I had read this book when I was younger.

Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. Another favorite. I finally convinced my husband to read this.

The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank. This one had a huge impact on me as a young reader.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson. I love his crazy writing style.

Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut. I loved discovering his very distinct sense of humor. Funny.

Peony in Love by Lisa See. This book stands out to me as one of my favorite stories I've ever read.

Holes by Louis Sachar. One of my favorite books when I read it back in middle school. I love stories that take place in the desert.

Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. I like this story.

What books do you wish you could read again for the first time?