Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Christina's 2011 Favorites

Thanks to Mint Tea and A Good Book for the pretty picture!
Are we really so close to the end of this year? I guess so, because today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is: Favorite Books of 2011. Huzzah!

[in no particular order]

1. The Marriage Plot (I know, I know, I'm like a broken record.)

2. The Virgin Suicides

3. The Instructions

4. The Cider House Rules

5. Quarantine

6. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (Technically this was an audiobook for me, and an excellent one at that.  The link is to Connie's review.)

7. Ahab's Wife

8. Dance of the Happy Shades

9. The Elegance of the Hedgehog

10. Caleb's Crossing

Hm... it's interesting, looking back, how I view some books with sort of a rosy glow of memory; I like them more now than I really did when I reviewed them. I find myself thinking things like "What? I only gave Ahab's Wife four stars on goodreads?? What was I thinking?!" Funny how memory works.

Anyway, here's to 2012 and a new year full of rosy memories and wicked awesome books! Happy New Year, people!