Thursday, August 12, 2010

Think About It Thursday

Hello one and all!

I'm sorry we haven't been posting too much lately here at The Blue Bookcase! The lovely Connie, our head reviewer, is moving this month and has been very busy. I've been doing my best to keep up the flow of posts here but I haven't been doing that great of a job. I'm just finishing up some Cormac McCarthy that I hope to be reviewing very soon, and we will also be participating once again in the Blog Hop this weekend, so we have that to look forward to.

Today I've decided to take part in a new little meme started over by Reading Rachel at 1001 Books called Think About it Thursday. The question this week is:

Where/When is your favorite literary vacation spot?

One book I read a few years ago and really enjoyed, (though I don't think I would call it "literary" in the strict sense,) is Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. I would really love to go to Alaska. I have to admit, I haven't read any books about Alaska beside this one. I wouldn't want to have the same experience as Chris McCandless in Into the Wild ... I think that's pretty needless to say (if you've read it and know what I'm talking about.) But I really, really, really would love to go to Alaska.
Does anyone here know of any really great novels that take place in Alaska that you could recommend to me? I saw one at the bookstore the other day, I forgot what it was called, but it had a bunch of stuff about 9/11 in it and I don't really want to read about that. I just want to read something cool that happens in Alaska. Please, recommend away!

Also, thank you Reading Rachel for starting this fun little meme. Keep checking back here everyone because I promise some new posts are coming up soon!