Monday, March 19, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Ingrid's TBR for Spring

via Mint Tea and a Good Book
We always take turns doing Top Ten Tuesday posts here, but I've always nabbed the Top Ten Tuesday TBR lists (Winter, Fall). I've found I'm more likely to actually make an effort to read the books I list when they're published out there on the world wide web. I'm not usually one to make lists and actually follow them, but a list of 10 books every season has proven to be doable. (I read 9 out of the ten on my Winter list!)

Alrighty, here we go: the ten books at the top of my to-be-read list for Spring.

Lectures on Literature by Vladimir Nabokov. My husband has been riding a little Nabokov wave recently, and when we looked through our Amazon wish lists for a book to buy that we knew we would both read, we decided on this baby. I ordered it and it should get here tomorrow. Woo hoo!

Dangerous Liaisons (Les Liasons Dangereuses)by Choderlos de Laclos. I've heard interesting things about this book, plus Ben said I would like it. This book is also on my classics club list.

Elective Affinities by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. Goethe is the man. I read several of his works in college and had a favorite professor who highly recommended Elective Affinities. Also for classics club.

French Ways and Their Meaning by Edith Wharton. I've read three books by the wonderful Edith Wharton this year, and I want more. Plus, you can't resist that title. Someone please tell me the meaning of french ways. Aaand it's for classics club.

A Room With a View by E. M. Forster. To tell you the truth, I'm not thrilled about this one. But I have a copy sitting in the pile next to my bed, it's also on my classics club list, and I haven't read anything by Forster and I just need to so I can feel like a decent human being who has read lots of different authors. That's all.

A Stolen Life: A Memoir by Jaycee Dugard. I can't help but be curious about this. My library has a copy that is now on hold. :)

The Consolations of Philosophy by Alain de Botton. My snooty BA-in-Philosophy-holding husband says he hates Alain de Botton, but I still want to read this one, so I'm gonna. (Hi Derik.)

A Reader on Reading by Alberto Manguel. @parrishlantern recommended this one to me on twitter a few months ago. I looked it up and I know I will love it. Can't wait for this one.

Ceremony: (Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition) by Leslie Marmon Silko. Another book I've been meaning to read for a long time. I took a Native American Literature class in college and the professor strongly recommended this book. Classics club.

So there it is: my list. I can't wait for a wonderful few months of reading! Any suggestions for where I should start?